Monday, May 2, 2011

Balancing Act

pic1

+

I’ve always known I am a better person when I am balanced.  I know I am more efficient , more productive and all around more pleasant person when I am balanced.  Even if I am not 100% balanced which I haven't been in a while (and that’s ok) when the majority of the key components in my life are balanced… I feel good.  I feel content.  To be balanced for me, it  means my home life is good, hubby and I are doing great we are jiving and grooving and we are on a productive schedule, it means at work I feel like I am being productive there as well, everyday I go in with a plan on what I want to get accomplished, I am incredibly organized and feel excited about what I am doing.  It means my home is clean and organized, it means everything is put in it’s place and smell’s heavenly.  It mean’s my family is happy and healthy, everyone is bustling around in their everyday lives and tasks.  It mean’s I am being social and doing things for me outside of my everyday duties as a full time worker, a wife and daughter and friend.  It means I am going out and doing and experiencing things for me, it means I am reading more and journaling and writing.  It means my purse isn’t in a constant state of disaster and my car doesn’t look like I have been living out of it for the last 3 months.  It meanns I am taking care of myself, I am working out it means I am eating healthy…

While I know what I need to do to be balanced, and to be completely honest, I just am not.  Certain things are balanced, my relationship with my husband, my family and friends are wonderful but other aspects of my life are me being reactive instead of proactive.  I am not doing 100% to keep my home clean, I am not doing what I need to do to keep an active and healthy lifestyle.  I am stressed far too much at work, I haven’t been doing things for me outside of my everyday duties and it leaves me feeling unfulfilled.  But I am trying.  Small steps.

Saturday was a great example of me doing something for me and not worrying about the puppy, or work, or anything else that stresses me out.  On Saturday I woke up and got dressed and headed over to OM SPA in Dearborn where I decided to treat myself to a 50 min Swedish Massage… it was divine! I sat in the relaxation area in my big plushy robe and cup of tea sans cell phone.  Just me and my thoughts and the calming music filling my ears.  I truly enjoyed my massage especially with all the traveling I have been doing, my shoulders and neck were very tense.  Afterwards, Mike and I decided to grab some lunch together.  Afterwards he and I caught a flick and we realized we both couldn’t remember the last movie we saw just the two of us.  We are always going out with family or friends so it was nice to have just the two of us.  Afterwards we went to Borders and I picked up “The Paris Wife” about Ernest Hemingway’s first wife, so far I love it! After the bookstore we met up with some family and went to a new restaurant for us, a Korean/Japanese restaurant where I had their Shrimp Tempura dish, yum! And of course ended the night with some delicious ice cream.  It was a day filled with fun and experiencing the beautiful weather and just not worrying or stressing.  I needed it.

What do you do to remain balanced?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin