Wednesday, September 28, 2011
I am 14 weeks and 3 days. In just a little over a month away we will be half way through the pregnancy and if that month is anything like the last couple months it is going to fly. I’ve debated on talking about the pregnancy on here simply because it’s something that is private. A special time in me and Michael’s life. A time that is so precious and beautiful that it sometimes brings me to tears. But there is something incredibly therapeutic about writing down your thoughts no matter how raw and messy they are and just allowing yourself to be vulnerable instead of holding it in and exploding once you can’t hold it all in anymore.
I also want this to be a place where family can go to read about our progress. How the little one is doing, how we are doing and how we are progressing with all the changes happening in our lives. So I'll begin with how we found our we were pregnant.
By the end of July, about a week before I should have started, I was feeling sick (not nauseous, just a tummy ache) for about a week and only at night. I would tell Mike, my tummy hurts and we would lay in bed together while he rubbed my belly to make it feel better. He would ask me what I ate for the day, maybe trying to connect the tummy ache with something I was eating. But we both kind of brushed it off as nothing. I was also experiencing some cramping which I tend to get before I am about to start too - pre-cramps. So I would carry some products in my purse just in case aunt flow arrived suddenly. I was about 4 days late when I told Mike I still hadn’t started, but shrugged it off because I was late last month. On July 28, 2011 I went out with my mom for a late dinner/movie. By then I was still late and was kind of getting curious/impatient. After dinner, I told my mom that I had to go get some gas so I would meet her at the theatre. But instead I ran up to the drug store and bought a test. I threw a stick in my purse and ran into the theatre. We bought our tickets and I mentioned I was going to use the restroom before we found our seats. I just had to get it done. I had to know. So there I was in a theatre bathroom holding up a positive pregnancy test, eyes wide open in disbelief. How was I going to go into that theatre and act “normal”? I don’t know how I did it - but I did.
After the movie I immediately headed home. I had to tell someone some interesting news. I came home and Mike came over to me and gave me a hug and kiss and asked how my evening was. I told him dinner was good, the movie was wonderful but that I had tell him something. I pulled out the test, handed it to him and said I took it on a whim and it came back positive. He put his hands on his head and sat on the kitchen floor. He had a smile while he did this but you could tell he was shocked beyond belief. He asked if I had another test and I said yes. He said take another one tomorrow morning. Which I did and that one came back positive as well. We took 5 tests total. All positive. I made an appointment with my OBGYN to get some blood work to confirm that we are indeed preggo. The next day, sure enough “You’re pregnant!” Those words rang in my head, You’re pregnant... baby.... inside you.... growing.... it’s real... seriously... life changed in that very second. It was no longer about me. Someone very small was counting on me. Things needed to change. I had to be better. And so our new lives began.... But first we had to let our parents know....
Monday, September 26, 2011
2.) Make Leaf Art
4.) Make homemade caramel apples
5.) Go to a pumpkin patch and pick out some pumpkins
6.) Carve pumpkins and cook seeds
7.) Make fall cookies (Hello, chocolate chip pumpkin cookies)
8.) Make a pie....from scratch!
Hope you all are enjoying this fall weather - if you get it! Michigan had a beautiful weekend with lots of sunshine and crisp breezes! Have a great rest of the day!
Monday, September 19, 2011
A. Age: 25
B. Bed size: Queen - wish it were a King
C. Chore that you hate: Washing dishes. It's the worst!!!
D. Dogs: the sweetest little Yorkie - Mimi. We love her so
E. Essential start to your day: Shower.
F. Favorite color: Plum Purple
G. Gold or Silver: Both - Equally!
H. Height: 5'5"
I. Instruments you play: A little Piano
J. Job title: HR Manager
K. Kids: Our little Mimi and one in the oven!
L. Live: Metro-Detroit
M. Mother’s name: Marcella
N. Nicknames: No nicknames since H.S.
O. Overnight hospital stays: never - amen
P. Pet peeves: Cockiness, Overly Judgmental
Q. Quote from a movie: "It was really quite simple, and yet we humans, so much wiser and more sophisticated, have always had trouble figuring out what really counts and what does not. Sometimes it takes a dog with bad breath, worse manners, and pure intentions to help us see. Ask yourself, how many people in the world can truly make you feel rare, pure, and extraordinary?" - Marley and Me
R. Right or left handed: Right.
S. Siblings: Older Bro - Martin
T. Time you wake up: Around 6:15 AM ugh!
U. Underwear: Yes.
V. Vegetable you hate: Broccoli and Cauliflower - ew
W. What makes you run late: Laying around and not moving faster.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: teeth, ankles, right hand, chest, head
Y. Yummy food that you make: Chicken Enchiladas
Z. Zoo animal: Giraffe!
Monday, September 12, 2011
- I have some good days and some bad days with the pregnancy. Today is a bad day, but I am trying to not let it slow me down. I've been sick on and off the last 12 weeks - some days I get a reprieve (but end up freaking myself out that I dont feel much) and other days I am super sick. I bought two cases of vernors as that sounds like the only good thing I can keep down right now.
- I am realizing that I just cant do fried foods. Everytime I do, I pay for it in the morning.
- There are moments where I am super calm and super excited about this precious baby growing in me - and other times I am consumed with pure panic. But I try not to wallow in the stress and panic as I know everything will work itself out somehow.
- My sciatic nerve has been acting up. Ever since D.C. my left side- mainly my left leg has had shooting pain in it - mainly in one spot. So laying on my left side becomes difficult. Last night was a rough sleep night. But I picked up a big ass body pillow which I hope will help.
- I get annoyed with myself that I get so complainy and stressed at times about everything because this is something that I've always wanted and I know it will be worth it in the end when I get to hold this sweet baby in my arms.
- Because I have been feeling so bleh lately, I of course... you guessed it... let me house fall into shambles again. WTF?! So tonight, pending tiredness and sickiness I am going to get cleaning.
- Work has been busier than ever. Doing some traveling this week which I am not too excited about but - alas it has to get done. Trying to keep up starts to stress me out but it's not good to be stressing out so I am just shrugging and saying to myself - when you get it done you get it done.
- I am super excited about all my shows returning in the coming weeks!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Oh hey! What's up? Not too much over here. Can't believe we are already in the month of September and entering into one of my most favorite times of the year: Fall!!! Cider Mills, Pumpkin Spice Latte's, Leaves changing, SCARVES, crisp air, Halloween... it just doesn't get any better than that. I know we have a couple weeks till summer is "OFFICIALLY" over, but hey we can start lovin' up on our fall, can't we? I think we can. Plus, I would much rather leave this summer behind me (i'm not a big fan) I dont like the heat NOR the humidity, I don't like not having my shows, I don't like the constant GO GO GO (parties, graduations, bdays etc) sometimes it's good to chill... im a chill kind of person (well, most of the time)
Mike and I just got back from a fun vacation in Washington DC. We did a lot in the short 4 nights/5 days we were there but I still feel like we accomplished everything we wanted.
And on the last day we were able to get in for a last minute tour of The White House. To be in there to walk those halls gave me chills. Was it tiring? Yep. Was it hotter than Hades? You bet! Was it a blasty blast? Uh huh!!!! Thanks to Matt and Lisa for having us