Saturday, November 6, 2010

25 Things I Have Learned


Well, my 25th birthday has come and gone and sometimes I can't believe how far I have come in those 25 years and what I have learned.

1. Hard work really does pay off and there is no real satisfaction in taking shortcuts and skipping scene's.

2. Friends and boyfriends may come and go but your family is forever. If you let them, they'll be there for you.

3. Laughing really is the best medicine.

4. It's ok to push yourself and push yourself hard. It's amazing to see how far you can get physically, mentally and emotionally.

5. Anger only creates more anger, and although I may get angry I am learning to let it go faster and faster each time. It is exhausting being angry for any lengthy period of time.

6. Going out of your comfort zone to try new things is scary and amazing - you just have to try.

7. Sometimes you just.have.to.turn.the.tv.off. As much as I love Real Housewives of Atlanta, Beverly Hills, OC, Washington, New York (When are they going to let Detroit represent? No?) It's a great feeling to turn that sound off and frickin open a book.

8. You are a much better person, friend, daughter, wife, girlfriend etc when you do things for yourself. Even if it's just getting out of the house to get a pupkin spice latte.

9. Life is way to short. We are constantly riding on this line of life and death and we need to make sure we make the best out of each day. Did I do my very best?

10. Jealousy and envy are empty feelings. I read somewhere that sometimes your ahead and sometimes your behind and as long as you are defining your own definition of success these feelings cant exist.

11. Take pride in what you do - even if it is not the most glamorous thing.
12. Fake it till you make it.

13. Be positive.

14. The universe does eventually even itself out. People don't get away with things that aren't right - eventually the universe will balance out and they will get what they deserve. Don't try to speed it up, let it happen as it should.

15. Do the right thing - even if its the hard thing.

16. Be conscienctious of other's feelings.

17. It's ok to make mistakes. Thats how you grow and learn but remember "You can learn from others mistakes - not all mistakes are worth making"

18. Have discipline - so many people these days think that things should be handed to them or that they are entitiled, this is just not the case. Unless you are a princess, then yes you are entitled.... so.... have fun!

19. Take advantage of adversity. "If you cant live through adversity, you'll never be good at what you do. You have to live through the unfair things, and you have to develop the hide to not let it bother you and to keep your eyes focused on what you have to do"

20. Be happy. It is just that easy.

21. Have faith. Even if you dont believe in that man in sky. Having some kind of faith in this insane world will ground you, it will protect you, it will give you peace and hope.

22. Do what you feel is right - even if it isolates you. I have always stuck to what I believe in and at times it made me very unpopular and a lot of times people wouldnt come to me anymore because they knew what I was going to say (and they werent going to like it) but I never sacrafised my ideals for the majority and im happier for that.

23. People dont change. BUT people can improve.

24. Never stop learning.

25. Never stop growing. Constantly trying to improve myself physically, mentally and emotionally has never been easy for me but i'll never stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin