Monday, November 22, 2010

Little Updates


I can not even believe the holiday season is already here. Thanksgiving is less than 3 days away. Christmas is just over 4 weeks away. Where did the time go?! And speaking of time flying - It has already been 6 months since Mike and I said "I do!" WHAT?!

This year:

1.) Got a house
2.) Got married :)
3.) Went to Hawaii for 6 amazing days.
4.) Moved out of my parents house and
5.) Moved into our new home
6.) Decorated our new home
7.) Got a new puppy
8.) Dealt with the perks and down falls of owning a home

A lot of life changing events in a very short period of time. But none-the-less it has been an amazing couple of months. I have a learned a lot of myself, about Mike, about being an adult, about owning a puppy... but it has been so worth it. And to top it all off - we are heading into our first major holidays together. This will be our first Thanksgiving and Christmas as a married couple. I am excited to come up with our own little traditions that we will carry on for years and years and hopefully still when we decide to expand our little family some more (but not for awhile) We are already starting a couple which makes my heart sing. Mike and I both come from wonderful families who we fortunately live very close too, but with that being said - we have a lot of visiting to do!

We have also made a nice little dent into our Christmas list. Scratching off name after name till hopefully it will be done come first weekend of December (keeping my fingers crossed) I have so much to do before the holidays arrive.

On my To Do list (from now till X-mas)
1.) Make fruit platter
2.) Make 2 pies (made cookies instead)
3.) Finish purchasing x-mas gifts
3.) Wrap gifts
4.) Write out and send X-mas cards
5.)Clean entire house (Nice scrub down)
6.) Menu if bro and sis-in-law come by for dinner (made enchiladas)
7.) Stock up for Cookie day (supplies)
8.) Cookie making with Jenn
9.) Finish decorating the tree

To name a few.... but I love this time of year (sans the weather) I cant wait to share this time of year with family and friends - I am truly blessed. What are you all doing for the Holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin