Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Anti-social butterfly

pics

 

You wouldn't believe how incredibly anti-social I have been over the last couple years.  Once an extrovert, I liked to be the center of attention, went to a lot of parties, had a ton of people to meet up with to go out to lunch with or catch a movie.  I was a social butterfly.  Over the last couple years, as toxic friendships faded, people moved away, mending broken feelings with others who matter, one change after another in my life has slowly but surely altered my personality into an introvert to the core. 


You want me to go somewhere where there are a lot of people I don’t know? No thanks.  Oh, you want me to force conversation and small talk, eh, not my thing - i’ll pass.  So you want me to walk up to a bunch of strangers....::::RUNS AWAY::::: that’s where I am at people.


However, I really enjoy being a home-body.  If someone were to say, which do you prefer? A night on the town with a new dress, limo to drive you around, VIP access to any club you want, free drinks.... OR..... a nice night in, PJ’s, pizza from delucas, a bottle of wine, a comfy ass blanket, a pile of good movies, and a book for later.  You bet your ass I would pick the Option 2.  I enjoy my home - the comforts, the warmth, the security I feel inside.  It’s nice.  But sometimes I feel as though I am missing out on some one life’s greatest adventures, the unknown, the spontaneity, the doing something that scares you each day.  How do you overcome years of being up all in my head fearing the unknown and just getting out there? Well, I think you just do it you get over that feeling and that voice in your head that says your not ready, your shyness is going to come off as bitchy, no one is going to want to talk to you... and you say instead I am ready to get back out there and meet some new friends, my shyness is easily overcome by laughter and funny stories I tell, and people ARE going to want to talk to me because I am interesting (at least I think so)

So I am doing things that scare me.  I’ve been taking more pictures, I have been going to different events (going to Britney Spears on Thursday!) I’ve been commenting more on other’s blogs and twitter and all around trying to just get out there, despite me being scared.  So here’s to doing things that scare us and getting the heck out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin