Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Groovin'

I feel like the last couple of months I have just been existing going through the motions of each day. Rarely doing anything for me and feeling anxious a lot. But I feel like the last couple of weeks I am slowly but surely coming back to life. I don't know why, maybe it's just something I go through from time to time. I'll go through a period where I am more anti-social than usual, no desire to go out, not investing in hobbies I enjoy (reading, taking pictures, exploring, going to see movies by myself, trying a new recipe) and than suddenly I begin to snap out of it (slowly) and I feel more like myself again. I haven't posted many updates about the baby because... i'm afraid (and superstitious) always learly of the evil eye (aka those who secretly dont wish you well) but im getting over that too. Because let's face it, it's a glorious thing... the good days the bad days.

It's odd that I am snapping out of it now, when the weather is changing because it's right around this time when it's really dark at 4:30 PM, the weather is getting freezing and most people begin their hibernating. I'm not complaining, because really, my mood is directly reflected to the weather. When it's cold, rainy and gray most days so am I... cold, rainy on the inside and gray. Oh well. So here is a quick update on things...

  • I got a lot of Christmas shopping done too which makes me so happy because I seriously get the crazies when things aren't orderly and on time. So I crossed off a bunch of names on this years list. Amen.
  • I got a Shellac manicure on 11/12/2011 and my manicure is STILL in tact (NO CHIPS) here is a pic but done mind my chunky fingers. This is day 17 so you can how much they've grown over the past two and half weeks but I'll tell you I'm impressed!
  • I recently hung some pictures from our wedding ( a year and a half later, whoops) I really like how it turned out!

  • I've been reading the Steve Jobs Biography and I am loving it! It's taking me a while to read it since I pick it up before I go to bed and I only manage to read a couple pages before my eyes cant take it anymore. Who knew he was kind of an ass!
  • I haven't picked up my camera in a long time. Like a really long time people. Probably since my mom and I took our class over the summer. But this weekend I am rectifying that by taking doing a family photo session for my sister in law/brother in law and nephew this weekend. Hopefully the weather is good!
  • I saw The Muppets last weekend. Loved it! Jason Segal is a dream boat.
  • I am 23 weeks and 2 days pregnant! Baby boy is a little over 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound ( about the size of a large Mango!) I feel him move all the time and it's the greatest feeling in the world knowing he is in there growing and moving and happy. I already love him so much and can't wait to meet him. 17 more weeks to go!
  • We are moving slowly on his nursery but it's coming along. We have it painted (need to do some touchups) and have some things bought for him. Need to get moving because he'll be here before we know it!
  • I am seeing Wicked for the 2nd time next week. This play is so amazing and am looking forward to seeing it again especially with the people going with me. Mom and aunts - girls night out!

3 comments:

  1. Great to see you are feeling more like yourself.
    Lots of big changes.Lots of happy changes.
    Love You

    ReplyDelete
  2. im in awe over your manicure!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin