Sunday, November 27, 2011

Slowing Down....


This weekend has been perfection! I really needed a long weekend to get things done yet slow down and enjoy being still. This weekend was a perfect combination of the two.

Thursday:
We woke up and got ready for the day, I had to drop off a couple bowls of cranberry's for my aunt's dinner that I was tasked to make even though our plans changed and we weren't going to be there for the actual dinner only dessert. So Mike and I packed up our dishes, luca's birthday present and Mimi. We dropped off the dishes at my parents had some quick lunch there and headed off to Mike's parents. We got there around 2ish. The house smelled wonderful and my mother in law had lots of yummy snacks to eat before dinner. There was so much food! We literally gorged ourselves. With tons of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, and more we were definitely in store for a food coma. Shortly after dinner we packed up and headed over to my Aunt and Uncles for dessert and my cousin Luca's birthday. We had dessert and hung out played games - it was wonderful. We got home around 10 and passed out. Even Mimi was pooped.

Friday:
We slept in and lounged in bed for most of the morning. I decided to be productive and cleaned up the house, I get anxious if the house is in shambles for too long. So I scrubbed the floors, vacuumed, dusted, folded laundry, and cleaned the counters. Afterwards, Mike and I decided to go see The Muppets movie with Jason Segel and Amy Adams and let me just tell you it was adorable! We loved it :) Afterwards we stopped by his parents for some leftovers and promptly came home to crash.

Saturday:
Slept in again...amazing. Had some more leftovers. Did some laundry. Then got ready to head over to my parents... Mike was having a game day at our house so I wanted to give them their space so I headed over to keep my Mom company since a.) she wasn't feeling well and b.) my dad went to the MI vs. OH game (we won!) so we watched a freaky ass movie called Melancholia about a planet that was supposed to collide with Earth. It was SO bizarre. I don't even know how to even explain the weirdness that was this movie. Just Google it and decide for yourself. We had more leftovers, made cookies and talked away most of the night.

Sunday:
We had brunch with my sister in law/brother in laws/nephew. Bagels/fruit/bacon/cinnamon rolls/ and juice. A la carte (very nice) afterwards Mike and I went grocery shopping... we needed it SO BAD, we literally had nothing. Afterwards, Jenn and I went up to Homegoods to peruse the aisles. I ended up picking up a new Christmas centerpiece for our table, and some Christmas cards. And here I am... lounging in my sweats in my living room which is by our beautiful Christmas tree. I plan on sitting here for the rest of the day catching up on blog reading and emails.

Tomorrow begins a new work week which I am not too excited about but am grateful that I have. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin