Monday, March 28, 2011

Whinny McGee

I must preface this post by saying I love my little bundle of joy.  She brings me so much happiness and love that I didn’t realize existed with a dog.  But lately she is going through a PHASE…. and it breaks my heart she is going through this phase because when I tell you, it might come across that we are neglecting our little puppy.  But I assure you, we give her lots of loving and lots of hugs and kisses but for whatever reason this little issue we are having with her is here in our lives.  You see, out little love muffin is going through an incessant whinny phase.  Literally all the time.  I notice it’s a lot more when she is playing with her toys.  She wants us to play with her, and don’t get me wrong I want to play with her and we do, but it’s when she does the begging and whining when we stop that just becomes too much.  It’s none stop.  I am all for lovin’ her up even more when she is good, but when the whining starts I am more prone to ignoring her which I HATE TO DO! I want to cuddle with her and rub her belly and give her puppy kisses – but I am trying to give her some tough love.  I don’t want to take away her toys because she just loves playing with them, but its become such a freakin issue not to mention the toy gets all dirty and slobbery which in turn makes her breath rank.  Ew.  So what to do? How do you overcome the incessant whining without taking away her toys? How to calm out 9 month old puppy to chill the eff out? Im sure she will eventually grow out of it but I want to train this little peanut to be better.  What are some of your tricks to calm your puppy down?

Snapshot of me 1

1 comment:

  1. I keep telling you.. Do what I did for you guys when you were little..
    Pino Grigio in the water...
    Works wonders !!

    ; )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin