Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gratitude


With the holiday season making an exit, I have had some time to really reflect on the holiday season and this year as a whole. As I was surrounded by piles of wrapping paper and laughter and happiness I really realized how truly grateful and lucky I am. I try not to get all wrapped up in the toys and presents and food and take a moment to reflect on what I am greatful for.

1. I am grateful for my job. Although it may not be what I saw myself doing. It allows me to pay my bills and buy the things I want.

2. I am grateful for a place to call my own. I am so lucky to be able to create a home for Mike and I that I proud of and feel a sense of peace.

3. I am grateful for my husband. He has been so sweet and wonderful during all these crazy changes. He makes me laugh all day and I appreciate all he does for me and our new life.

4. I am grateful for my parents. They truly are my best friends, who love me unconditionally and support and understand me. I appreciate the close relationship I have with the both of them.

5. I am grateful for my family. They make me laugh they make me cry but my family keeps me grounded at all times.

6. I am grateful for Mimi. Although she drives me crazy at times, I appreciate her companionship and love. Her puppy kisses and the way she follows me around everywhere, even into the bathroom.

7. I am grateful for my sense of humor. It is quick it is dry and it is at times sarcastic. It is sometimes my saving grace when I am at my lowest.

8. I am grateful for my desire to learn new things. Whether it is learning a new recipe for picking up a new book, my willingness to learn has always kept me thinking.

So many things to be grateful for. So many things to reflect on and realize this life is so beautiful.

+

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin