Friday, December 10, 2010

Moment



Continuing on with or reflection of this years events. Let's continue you on with the next prompt.
December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors)
I would have to say it would be when Mr. and I were honeymooning in Hawaii. That trip made me feel alive again. I was cruising around the island with my new hubby, taking in all the sights, the history the people. It truly was an amazing time - for both of us.

I remember walking off the plane absolutely exhausted. We were one day behind already after having a lay over in Minneapolis. We were sitting in our own filth for 2 days and I was stinky and felt grimy and I just wanted to get to the hotel. After some drama with our baggage and a wrong turn down a very scary alley we found our hotel.

I remember how busy the streets were, everyone hustling about, the tour buses buzzing by, the smell of the crisp ocean only yards away. I remember it being so windy, my hair and dresses fluttering around as I took in the beautiful scenery. The front desk was outside... literally outside, can you imagine? Beautiful trees erected up throughout the landscaping hugging the hotel tightly.

I remember going to the ocean one afternoon, the waves were incredibly high - not surfer high but high enough to make you pee a little. Mr. and I thought it would wild crazy fun times to go swimming in it.... WHAT WERE WE THINKING?! The sand was white, and light and grainy and as we ran into the ocean, I thought to myself, I am here.... swimming in the ocean, off the coast of HAWAII! It was slightly overcast but it was gorgeous. It was a moment I know I'll never forget. Partly because of the beauty around me but partly because I got bitch slapped by mother nature. I got pounded by the waves so hard, where I was actually laying flat on my back on the ocean floor as a huge wave passed over me. As I tried to run back to safety another wave grabbed hold of me and dragged me back in.... it was funny and scary all at the same time. With an unhealthy dose of salt water pumping through my system and half the sand on the beach in my bathing suite we left that crazy ocean behind us knowing we gave it our all.

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you...
    You have been doing a great job with this blog lately..
    Please keep it up.. I LOVE it !!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin