Monday, February 21, 2011

The Day We Met Pioneer Woman!

A couple years a go my mom introduced me to a blogger called The Pioneer Woman, you may of heard of her (hah!) She talked about her transition from city to life to finding the love of her life and moving out to the country to have 500 of his babies. Her blog is a collection of confessions on the ranch, to cooking, to her self-taught photography skills, to home-schooling her children, to home and garden - and recently her tasty kitchen website where people across the country and share and exchange their favorite recipes. I've already used two recipes from that site - delish! Her story is quite interesting and the woman freakin does it all. How she does it all is beyond me. Not only has she written a best selling cook book but she very recently released her real life love story around Valentines Day and is currently on her book tour. The other day I was looking at her tour sites and unfortunetly none of them were in Michigan, but she had 2 in Ohio - the closest being Columbus. My mom and I decided it would be a fun road trip to see her. I asked Mike to join us since it was our day to spend together and what a good sport he was. He not only drove us down there and listened to us the whole ride there and half way back reading from her book but waited over 4 hours while we got through the line. Yes 4 hours. I do think he is eligble for Saint Hood after that! Here are a couple pictures from the day.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. i cant believe all of her success from the blog, its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Ree. Her recipes are amazing, her photography is stunning, and her writing is always entertaining. I awkwardly introduced myself to her a few years ago at Blogher and she was very sweet!

    Thanks for reminding me about BHTTW! I just bought it for my Nook :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin