Monday, February 7, 2011

The Weekend That Wasn't



99.9% of the time I have all the good intentions of the world. I make lists, I plan, I think about things - a lot... I would say I am a very introspective person. However, sometimes, life happens.... and I dont mean in the BIG altering kind of way. I mean life in the every day sense happens. I had plans this weekend. I planned on getting out of the house, I planned on having some good meals, and seeing good movies, and getting shit done. You know everyday house stuff - Laundry, dishes, dusting. I was going to have a fun yet productive weekend. Well, it was an epic fail.

Friday however, was a good day (but hardly consider it my weekend since I had to work). I got some good news, I got things done at work and I sold out Tank less Water Heater through craigslist and made the swap in a parking lot. I went out to dinner with my Husband and brother law and later went over to my sister in laws for a girls night where I stayed out till 1am. It was a good day, yes.

Saturday I planned on having a hearty breakfast, a lazy morning then use my prize loot with Mike. Well around 2pm the snow started falling. I heard we were supposed to get some snow but it was coming down - hard. As I saw how quickly the snow was accumulating, I told Mike we should go to the store now to get our Super Bowl food since I new it would be difficult later or even Sunday. Once we got out on the roads - it was terrible. Like white knuckle, sweat beading, lip biting terrible. By the time we got to the store - my nerves were shot. And I quickly came to the realization we were not going to be able to go out for our little adventure. Sad face. Instead we stayed in - which isn't so bad considering how much of a home body I am. But I ate like shit that night and just felt yucky from being so stressed and eating crappy and not really moving. On top of that I pretty much slept my Saturday away... talk about unmotivational!

Sunday I woke up and looked outside and realized we no longer could go through this winter or future winters without a snow blower - our $10.00 shovel just wasnt cutting it with our mile long driveway (exaggeration but still) Luckily with our unplanned money we got from the craigslist swap we were going to put that toward the snow blower which we will hopefully get today. So throughout the day I felt in a funk - couldn't get out of it. I even tried to make some Chocolate Chip Cookies to brighten me up - no luck. So with my best effort I got ready and headed over to my in-laws where they had a great spread of food (as usual) and enjoyed watching my nephew run around with Mimi not far behind. The game was great and the commercials were hilarious. These two were my favorite





Mike and I left early because of the weather and because we had a 5am wake up call (which ill never ever ever get use too) by the time we pulled into our sub we got stuck rounding a corner and inevitably got stuck in our own driveway (awesome)By the time I got it inched up enough I wanted to cry. Maybe it is the Winter Blues, or the fact that I didn't live up to my potential this weekend... whatever the case may be - It just wasnt what I wanted or needed it to be.

But I am going to make this week a good one. I am going to be productive by doing the following:

1.) Going to my Weekly Zumba class on Monday
2.) Keep up with my God-forsaken-Laudnry
3.) Read my book for the month of February
4.) Take more pictures
5.) Start writing out what i'm grateful for
6.) Put healthy things in my body
7.) Laugh more
8.) Not let stupid people get under my skin
9.) Do things for me and FORGET the haters
10.) Smile

Was your weekend what you wanted and needed it to be?

1 comment:

  1. That Volkswagen commercial was sooo cute! It was definitely one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin