Thursday, January 19, 2012

Be Daring...

I know we are almost done with the first month of 2012, but I wanted to take a moment and post a couple of my hopes/goals for myself and 2012. In 2011, I did a lot of things that were new to me, I went to a book signing of a favorite blogger, Quit my job of 3 years and started a brand spankin' new one, I went to Chicago with my mom (our first mother/daughter vacation) Mike and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary with one another and we continued to settle into our lives together, we found out we were pregnant end of July with our first child, visited Washington DC and some friends and saw some great monuments and history. It was an whirlwind of a year! However, I felt as though I didn't challenge myself enough. So for 2012 my theme is to:

I want to challenge myself in new ways. In 2011 I became a huge introvert - and not that there is anything wrong with that, but it became unhealthy for me. I didn't get out there. I didn't meet as many new people as I wanted, I didn't experiment with new adventures, I didn't read as much as I wanted, I didn't try new recipe's, I didn't get off my ass and work out, I didn't work at keeping my house in order the way it should, I judged too much, I didn't stand up for myself, I was stagnant when I should have been mobile, I didn't give people a chance, I was let down, I let myself down, I waited for others to act before I did, I played it safe. I let others dictate my own happiness, I wasn't as giving as I should have been. I didn't pray as much as I should have. And I worried far far too much.

This year I am going be daring in everything I do, even the small stuff like cleaning out my kitchen cabinets. I am going be daring and raise my son the way I planned on raising him. I am going to be daring and try new recipes and meet new people even if it scares the crap out of me. I am going to make my house a living breathing well old machine. I am going to work hard on myself and be the best version of myself physically, mentally and emotionally. I am going to push myself harder this year than ever because if I don't who will? I wont count on anyone to get the things I need to get done, done. I will be more independent and spend my precious time on things that truly matter. I want to be daring with this blog and grow the non-existent readership into something. I don't have a vision as to what I want to do with the blog but I want to make more time for it and write out more meaningful post. I also want to put myself out there more and comment more on the blogs that I follow and love, growing my friendships through here would be wonderful. I want to be daring with my looks. I want a new cut and color, try experimenting with new scarves, jewelery and accessories. I want to live a more authentic daring life. That's the dream for 2012.

What is your theme for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin