Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Brain Dump



Holy moly! So much has been going on! To start I am 35 weeks and 3 days but there is room for discussion on that since my last ultrasound showed a rather large baby already! 6.3 lbs! I am hoping I go early, but everyone keeps telling me not to get my hopes up since most 1st time pregnancies go full term even post-term. I don't care though, my hopes are high and they are staying there! C'mon baby!

I am taking this Thursday and Friday off of work, why you may ask? Because I can. I feel I have been an exceptional trooper during this pregnancy and would like a little "ME" time before the baby actually arrives. All by myself. Doing "me" things like sleeping in, reading, cleaning, shopping, movies, lunch dates, and whatever my little heart desires. So I am pretty excited about that :) I plan on finishing a couple projects around the house as well and to still be incredibly productive.

We are about 95% done with Baby's room. All his clothes are washed and put away, I have two outfits ready for him for the hospital. I have to hang a couple poms my mom made for our shower in the room above the rocking chair - I think it will be the nice final touch that will pull the room together. I'll make sure I take pictures to share soon.

Work has been absolutely crazy. There is so much going on between in state branches, out of state branches, keeping up morale since there have been so many changes, workers compensation, unemployment, manuals, employee relation issues etc. I am on my toes literally ALL DAY! I am not complaining though because my hectic work schedule forces me to stay on a good schedule of eating, drinking, etc while growing this baby. Would I love to sit at home in peace and eat ice cream all day? You bet! But I think this is for the best. Only 16 work days till I go on maternity leave. Yippie!

Yesterday was Paczki today. I am not Polish, but my husband is and he was sweet enough to go pick up a dozen of them for my office and another 1/2 dozen for us at home. I am not going to tell you how many i've had. But I will tell you they were delicious!

Some of the things I am hoping to get accomplished on my days off and into the weekend are:
  • Finish baby's room
  • Really clean up house
  • Finish Thank you cards and send them out
  • Clean out car/fill up/wash (if weather is good)
  • Get caught up with all laundry
  • Pack my hospital bag
  • Install baby car seat
There you have it. Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I think taking time off for yourself is a brilliant idea! We all need time to ourselves now and again, and for someone who is about to become a mommy I think you definitely need to set aside some ME time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin