Monday, February 6, 2012

Lack o' Motivation







Lately I've been more drained than ever. I feel as though I only do three things:

1.) Work
2.) Eat
3.) Sleep

I work all day, dealing with some pretty stressful things too lately... I come home help put on a meal and eat it then I promptly fall asleep on the couch until the hubs comes and wakes me up and I move to the bed where I lay awake for an hour or two and eventually fall back asleep. Riveting! I know this isn't going to last. I know my body is preparing for this little one and I should be grateful that I am getting as much sleep as I am now. And I am. But I'm ready to feel like my old self again. Motivated, productive, inspired...

Today although I feel like crap (got little sleep thanks to my neighboors kids having a party) I have some major motivation to get my house/baby stuff in order. I hope that by the end of the day today when I get home I still have that motivation - you never know.

1.) I have three baskets full of clean clothes to fold/put away
2.) I have another basket full of clothes, blankets, towels, bibs etc for Vincent that needs to be washed and put away
3.) I want to order his bedding today
4.) I need to sort and organize all of our wonderful gifts from our latest shower
5.) Put together items that need to be taken back (some dupes)
6.) Take back said dupes
7.) I need to start Thank you cards
8.) I should pack the hospital bag within the next couple weeks because hey - you never know.
9.) Make a list of things we still need to get before his arrival
10.) Deposit checks/money from shower to buy said gifts.
11.) Put the finishing touches on his nursery.

I reallllly hope I find and hold onto some motivation because we have less than 7 weeks and I still have a lot to do. I am ready and not ready for him all at the same time. I am ready to meet him and kiss him and start our lives together but I dont think I am quite ready mentally and emotionally for this. This experience is going to be life changing for both Mike and I and I think I need some more time to prepare for what it all means. I just need to do it, right? I just need to wash his clothes because i'll be happier once he is here and I dont have to worry about it. I just need to sort through the heap of gifts because once it's all organized i'll be able to enjoy the last couple weeks before he arrives in peace. I'm just going to do it. No matter how tired I am. Ok i am going to go take a nap now. Hah just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin